Sunday Styles: Vintage Curls

Today I wore a style that was created simply by pulling my hair up and pinning it. Usually I have a style in mind when I do my hair but today it was just a pin and go. The results were very nice!

Style Prep:
Last night I applied a little aloe vera gel to my hair. I did two large flat twists in the back (like two french braids) and wrapped the ends into a bantu knot. Then I did two small flat twists in the front. I used one medium flexi rod on the ends of the twists in the front.

Style Creation:
I took down my twists and flexi rods in the morning, pulled my hair to the side and started pinning. This style took 7 minutes tops! And it is now one of my favorites!

Results?







Style Time Saver Tips:
-You can achieve beautiful heatless curls with flexi rods!
-You can get great volume from stretching large sections of hair versus small sections.
-You can get a frizz free hair line with small flat twists or cornrows in the front overnight. It gets those fly-aways to lay down
-Never underestimate the power of a bobby pin!

No comments :

Post a Comment